Unite Oregon members come from diverse cultural, ethnic, economic, and religious backgrounds. We’re immigrants, refugees, people of color, U.S.-born citizens, rural Oregonians, LGBTQ folks, workers, students, moms, dads, grandparents and, most importantly, allies in the struggle for social justice. We share a common belief in a multi-racial, multicultural democracy inclusive of all — and the passion to put our beliefs into action. Get to know us more, join us, or support us.
Led by people of color, immigrants and refugees, rural communities, and people experiencing poverty, we work across Oregon to build a unified intercultural movement for justice.
- Inclusivity: We believe in creating welcoming, inclusive spaces that make room for all people to be their full, authentic selves.
- Racial Justice: Because of the United States’ history of racism, we believe in putting racial justice front and center in our work.
- Social Justice: We believe in sharing power, opportunities, and resources to ensure equitable participation and representation in an increasingly multicultural society.
- Empowerment: We believe all people have the potential to become leaders and agents of change.
- Stewardship: We believe in stewardship and respect for the environment, both within our own organization and in our broader communities.
- Respect: We believe in the fundamental human dignity of all people.
- Transparency: We commit to organizational transparency and accountability to our members and to the communities we organize.
- Leadership: We believe that the people most affected by injustice should be the individuals and communities leading and advocating for solutions.
- Equity: We examine all issues through perspectives of race, economic status, immigration status, and gender to promote equity and inclusion of all.
- Vibrancy: We build strong, vibrant connections through the celebration of families, cultures, and communities. We believe that justice is a journey, and our creation of community is what sustains us on that journey.